What are we doing?
At Prostate Cancer UK, we fundraise out in public places. Each week we book a site, set up our stall, talk to people about why we're here and ask for their support.
We've found it one of the best ways to get in touch with people who don't yet know about prostate cancer, their risk or the work we're doing to drive improvements in treatment, research and care. This way of raising funds has become a reliable base for us to invest in life-saving research now, and plan for the future.
How do I know this is legitimate?
If you'd like to check that a fundraiser is legitimate, please ask to see their identification and then call us on 0800 082 1616. Our phonelines are open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week we are in:
• The Gym Basingstoke, Unit 3a, St Michaels Retail Park, Basingstoke, RG22 4AN (14/06/21 – 20/06/21)
• PureGym Andover, Andover Business Park, Hawker Siddeley Way, Andover, SP11 8BF (14/06/21 – 20/06/21)
• PureGym Portsmouth Arundel, 31 Arundel Street, Portsmouth, PO1 1NB (14/06/21 – 20/06/21)
• PureGym Plymouth, Endeavour House, Alexandra Road, Plymouth, PL4 7EF (14/06/21 – 20/06/21)
Last week we were in:
• David Lloyd Southampton, Frogmore Lane, SO16 0XS (07/06/21 – 13/06/21)
• Pure Gym Southampton, Shirley Retail Park SO16 6TP (07/06/21 – 12/06/21)
• Pure Gym Mountbattern, Southampton, SO15 1QJ (07/06/21 – 13/06/21)
• Tru Gym Plymouth, Exeter Street, PL4 0AP (07/06/21 – 13/06/21)
• Grand Arcade Cambridge, St Andrew’s Street, CB2 3BJ (07/06/21 – 12/06/21)
• Morrisons Pinner, Uxbridge Road, HA5 4QT (07/06/21 – 13/06/21)
• Waitrose Putney, Putney High Street, SW15 1TW (07/06/21 – 09/06/21)
• Morrisons Sutton, High Street, SM1 1DD (10/06/21 – 11/06/21)
I'd prefer to donate another way
If you'd prefer to make a donation by other means after having spoken with our fundraisers, you can set one up using our online donation form.
You can also call us on 0800 082 1616 to donate by phone, or download a postal donation form (PDF) to donate by post.
We've found it a great way of raising money, raising awareness and connecting to people who are new to the cause. It's also cost-effective, which means we can channel much more of your donation into frontline areas like research.
We're funded entirely by individual donations, so it's absolutely necessary for us to fundraise to continue our work. Direct debit is particularly cost-effective, as it helps keep administrative costs low and lets us plan ahead.
All of our fundraisers will be wearing branded clothes and carry official identification cards. They'll also be carrying our direct debit handsets, leaflets and information cards.
Our fundraisers will be asking you to pledge a regular donation by direct debit. They're not able to take other means of payment, such as cash or cheques, as a donation.
We always check with the local authority before we fundraise somewhere.
We're members of the Fundraising Standards Board, and we're also registered with the Fundraising Regulator. As such, we've committed ourselves to a high set of standards concerning privacy, transparency, data protection, and the way we use your donations. You can read more on our Fundraising promise pages.
Any other questions?
Please feel free to get in touch with our Supporter Care team:
- Contact us online
- 0800 082 1616 (9am-5pm, weekdays)
- By post: Prostate Cancer UK, Fourth Floor, The Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QN