Summer 2022 Innovation Event
Hear about innovations and projects from across the prostate cancer community.
What was this event about?
This innovation event focused on the ways Cancer Alliances and NHS Trusts are working to achieve best practice with the NHS England Faster Diagnosis Standard. Our audience heard from experts in the field and had time for a Q&A after each presentation.
(0:00:00 - 0:04:21) Welcome and introductions, Chiara De Biase (Director of Supporting and Influencing, Prostate Cancer UK)
(0:04:21 - 0:17:15) Support available from NHS England to help achieve the Faster Diagnosis Standard, Matthew Keeling (Transformation Lead for Faster Diagnosis, NHS Cancer Programme)
(0:17:15 - 0:34:00) From clinic to MDT in seven days – fast track nirvana? Harry Bardgett (Consultant Radiologist, Bradford Teaching Hospital)
(0:34:00 - 0:50:25) Joint Q&A - Matthew Keeling and Harry Bardgett
(0:50:25 - 0:59:10) The role and impact of Pathway Navigators, Alison O’Reilly (Urology Cancer Pathway Navigator, Bolton Foundation NHS Trust)
(0:59:10 - 1:08:35) Q&A Alison O'Reilly
(1:08:35 - 1:09:41) Closing comments, Chiara De Biase (Director of Supporting and Influencing, Prostate Cancer UK)
Missed the event?
In our Spring 2022 event, we heard from representatives from the South East London Cancer Alliance, University of Southampton, Cheshire and Merseyside Cancer Alliance and Wessex Cancer Alliance about how they’re transforming prostate cancer pathways to help tackle inequalities.
Find out more and watch the event recording below.
Do you have an exciting innovation or project to share?
If you'd like share a project or innovation you've led on which has improved the prostate cancer pathway for men, get in touch.
We're interested in hearing about projects including (but not limited to):
- Prostate cancer risk awareness campaigns
- Diagnosing prostate cancer earlier, e.g. the faster diagnostic standard, optimal timed pathway for prostate cancer and rapid diagnostics
- Nurse-led triage
- Implementation of mpMRI and LATP biopsy
- Personalised care and supported self-management
- Prostate cancer risk awareness campaigns.
- Diagnosing prostate cancer earlier, e.g. the faster diagnostic standard, optimal timed pathway for prostate cancer and rapid diagnostics.
- Nurse-led triage.
- Implementation of mpMRI and LATP biopsy.
- Personalised care and supported self-management.