What are we doing?
At Prostate Cancer UK, we fundraise out in public places. Each week we book a site, set up our stall, talk to people about why we're here and ask for their support. We’ve also recently started carrying out door to door fundraising.
We've found public fundraising to be one of the best ways to get in touch with people who don't yet know about prostate cancer, their risk or the work we're doing to drive improvements in treatment, research and care. This way of raising funds has become a reliable base for us to invest in life-saving research now, and plan for the future.
How do I know this is legitimate?
If you'd like to check that a fundraiser is legitimate, please ask to see their identification and then call us on 0800 082 1616. We can also confirm what postcodes our door to door fundraisers are operating in. Private site locations are listed below. Our phonelines are open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. You can also email us at [email protected].
This week we are in:
- Sainsbury's, 53 New Zealand Ave, Walton-on-Thames KT12 1AD (5/6/2023-10/6/2023)
- Brighton Train Station, Queens Rd, Brighton, Brighton and Hove, Brighton BN1 3XP (5/6/2023-10/6/2023)
- PureGym London Bow Wharf, 221 Grove Rd., London E3 5SN (5/6/2023-11/6/2023)
- PureGym London Whitechapel, 100 Whitechapel Rd, London E1 1JG (5/6/2023-11/6/2023)
- Nuffield Health Stoke, George Eastham Ave, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 4TU (5/6/2023-8/6/2023)
- Nuffield Health Telford, Telford Forge Retail park, Colliers Way, Overdale, Telford TF3 4AG (6/6/2023-9/6/2023)
Last week we were in:
- Pure Gym Startford, 68/7, The Mall, stratford centre, Great Eastern Rd, London E15 1XQ (1/6/2023-4/6/2023)
- Pure Gym Canary Wharf, 5 Hertsmere Rd, London E14 4AN (30/5/2023-4/6/2023)
- Pure Gym Limehouse, Units B-D, Zenith Building, 594 Commercial Rd, London E14 7LB (30/5/2023-4/6/2023)
- Pure Gym Fareham, Unit 2, Broadcut Retail Park, Broadcut, Fareham PO16 8SU (30/6/2023-4/6/2023)
- Nuffield Health Birmingham, Broadway Plaza, 220 Ladywood Middleway, Birmingham B16 8LP (29/5/2023-31/5/2023)
I'd prefer to donate another way
If you'd prefer to make a donation by other means after having spoken with our fundraisers, you can set one up using our online donation form.
You can also call us on 0800 082 1616 to donate by phone, or download a postal donation form (PDF) to donate by post.
We've found it a great way of raising money, raising awareness and connecting to people who are new to the cause. It's also cost-effective, which means we can channel much more of your donation into frontline areas like research.
We're funded entirely by individual donations, so it's absolutely necessary for us to fundraise to continue our work. Direct debit is particularly cost-effective, as it helps keep administrative costs low and lets us plan ahead.
All of our fundraisers will be wearing branded clothing and will carry official identification cards which should be clearly on display. They will be carrying iPads which they will use to capture details for the Direct Debit. They cannot accept cash donations.
If you would like to check the legitimacy of any of our fundraisers, please call us on 0800 082 1616.
Our fundraisers will be asking you to pledge a regular donation by direct debit. They're not able to take other means of payment, such as cash or cheques, as a donation.
We always check with the local authority before we fundraise somewhere.
We're registered with the Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising. As such, we've committed ourselves to a high set of standards concerning privacy, transparency, data protection, and the way we use your donations. You can read more on our Fundraising promise pages.
Prostate Cancer UK aims to ensure that everyone who comes into contact with our charity has a safe, positive experience.
When carrying out door to door fundraising, our fundraisers will step back 2 metres after knocking, then first check whether there is anyone within the home that is in an 'at risk' group or self-isolating and end the interaction respectfully if so. Fundraisers will not enter a property even upon invitation.
When fundraising in private sites, fundraisers will maintain a 2 metre distance from members of the public.
All fundraisers will use sanitiser to clean iPads before and after a transaction. All fundraisers will wear a mask inside and a mask or a visor outside, unless medically exempt.
No materials will be handed out by fundraisers, welcome packs and know your prostate guides will be sent by post.
Any other questions?
Please feel free to get in touch with our Supporter Care team:
- Contact us online
- 0800 082 1616 (9am-5pm, weekdays)
- By post: Prostate Cancer UK, Fourth Floor, The Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QN