We know how difficult it can be to get that first fundraising idea, but if you already play or even just have an interest in football, there are a ton of ways for you to get your friends and family involved in raising money and awareness, and even get some exercise in to boot! Some ideas to consider:
- Hold a 5 a side tournament - charge an entry fee and ask for additional donations on the day. See below for our top tips.
- Football marathon - how many games can you get played in 24 hours?
- Walking football - do you play, or know someone that does? Dedicate a match to Prostate Cancer UK and raise both awareness and funds in an ever-relevant community.
- Crossbar challenge - see if your local club will promote a crossbar challenge at half time, and ask for donations to enter.
- Match day collection - will your local club (big or small) hold a collection at a match day of their choosing?
- Hold a raffle, auction or arrange a 'money can't buy' experience - can you speak to your local club to see if they can auction a shirt or provide hospitality as a prize?
- Walk/run/cycle between clubs - why not get the community involved and run between rival clubs? Des Oldham's Nottingham to Derby run did just that.
- Something else? There are all sorts of ways you can use football to raise funds and awareness, from visiting every ground in the UK, to getting included in a match day programme, find out what works for you and join the fight against prostate cancer.
Feeling inspired or want some more information? Get in touch, and we'll give you all the help you need.
Request a fundraising pack