We’re here to help you make a difference to men’s lives. Whether you need ideas for raising money, or resources for your event, we’ve got you covered.
Need some extra support or have any questions? Please call us on 020 3310 7034 or email us. We’re here to help. Or if you're ready to take on a March for Men, sign up today.
When & where is it happening?
London - Sunday 23 July - Battersea Park
How long are the routes?
There will be a 2km, 5km and a 10km route. The 2km routes will be fully accessible, and all routes will be well sign-posted.
What time does the event start?
The event village will open from 11:00 am and the walk will start at 12:00 pm, full event details will be provided in July
How do I sign up?
You can sign up to March for Men on the here
How much does it cost to take part?
The registration fee is £10 per adult. Children under 18 can take part for free but must be accompanied by an adult or guardian over 18. We suggest you raise a minimum of £75 in fundraising to help fund lifesaving prostate cancer research.
Is there a registration fee for children?
No, children under 18 are free to join our March for Men events. We do not take registration details for children, however there is an option to add children to any adult registrations when signing up. As the parent or guardian of any children you register, you must accompany them at all times during the event and accept full responsibility for them.
Will I get a map of the route?
You will not need a route map to take part in this event as each route will be fully sign posted and marshalled to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable March for Men experience.
How much do I need to fundraise?
We’re asking everyone who takes part to try to raise a minimum of £75, so it’s best to sign up before the event date so you can start your fundraising early! By taking part in March for Men and raising money, you’ll help fund lifesaving research into better treatments and tests to beat prostate cancer.
How do I fundraise?
Here are the ways to get started:
- Set up your JustGiving page
- Share your fundraising page link with friends and family and ask them to donate
- Pop in a donation yourself to get the ball rolling
We will also email you with some handy fundraising tips soon after you sign up so keep an eye out in your inbox
What if I don't hit the £75 target?
By taking part in this event and fundraising, you will be helping to fund lifesaving research into better treatments and tests to beat prostate cancer. We have asked you to try to set yourself a target of £75 so that you have something to aim for. We will not enforce this target or ask you to make up the difference if you don’t quite reach £75. We really appreciate your support and anything you can raise really will help to make a difference.
We understand that fundraising, especially in the current climate, may be challenging but we are here to help you every step of the way and can provide you with lots of fundraising advice and support to help you reach, and hopefully exceed this target.
Can I get a T-shirt?
Yes, when you sign up you’ll receive an exclusive March for Men T-shirt. Simply select your size when registering online and we’ll post it out to you. The T-shirts will be sent out in June.
I’ve not received my T-shirt, what do I do?
Your T-shirt should be with you in June. If you have not received your T-shirt by the end of June please email us and one of our team will be happy to help.
My T-shirt doesn’t fit
We’re sorry to hear that your T-shirt size is wrong, please email us and we will be happy to help.
Can I get a T-shirt for my child/children?
Yes, please email us to order a child’s T-shirt.
I wasn’t bringing my child but now they want to join in too, what do I do?
Please contact us with your details and we can add a child to your registration.
Can I register on the day?
Yes, you can register on the day - but it will be very busy so it’s best to sign up online beforehand
Can women take part?
Of course, everyone is welcome - this is the perfect event for all of your friends, families and colleagues to attend!
Can I bring my dog?
Absolutely - dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times during the event. Please make sure to pick up after your dog too, there will be bins available in the park.
Can I run the route instead?
Unfortunately running is not advised at March for Men which is a walking event only. We encourage all attendees to be respectful and mindful of their fellow participants, in order for everyone to have an enjoyable walk.
Can I bring a pushchair?
Of course! We would advise anyone with pushchairs to take part in our short route (2km) which is fully accessible.
Are the routes accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs?
Yes - the short route (2km) is fully accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
I’m a personal carer/assistant/support worker, do I need to pay for a ticket?
Personal carers, assistants and support workers do not need to pay a registration fee. Get in touch with our team and we can provide you with more details.
Can I volunteer to help at the event?
Absolutely, we’d be thrilled to have you on the team! We’re looking for help with setup, registration, marshalling and merchandise on the day, plus plenty more. Please fill in the volunteer registration form and select 'March for Men London' from the event list. We'll then be in touch with more details.
What facilities are available on the day?
On the day there will be toilets (including disabled toilets), refreshments available to purchase, an accessible short route, information stand, first aid, warm up and signed and marshalled routes (no need for a map!). Parking at the venue is limited - you can find more details on parking on the Battersea Park website here.
Will there be refreshments?
Yes, there will be a number of refreshments available for you to purchase on the day, including vegan and gluten free options. Our March for Men event is taking place in the beautiful Battersea Park so you are welcome to bring your own picnic along too, but please make sure you remove all rubbish when you leave the park. We are trying to reduce our carbon footprint and limit plastic waste so we will not provide bottled water for every participant. Instead, we encourage all walkers to bring their own bottles from home, which you will be able to refill at the event.
I want to create a team for March for Men, how do I do this?
We would love for you to set up a team. Please follow the steps below:
- Ask each member of your team to register for the event on our website
- During registration you will each be asked to set up a JustGiving Fundraising page
- Once you have all registered and have your JustGiving pages follow this guide on JustGiving to create and invite members to your team
Where can I find photos from my event?
All event photos will be uploaded onto our Flickr account following the event, we’ll send all event participants a link via email.
When you register to take part in this event you agree to the event being photographed or filmed for our use in print, press and online marketing. By agreeing to these terms and conditions and attending the event you are giving your consent for your image to appear in these. If you are concerned or do NOT wish to be part of these materials, please contact us in advance of the day or on the day of the event, please speak to a member of staff when you arrive and we can make sure your wishes are upheld.
What are your Covid-19 safety measures?
The health & safety of all our walkers, volunteers and staff is our top priority. We are monitoring and staying up to date with all government guidance, and will keep all our event participants updated on our Covid-19 safety measures.
I can’t make this event, is there another way I can take part?
If you can’t join us at the March for Men event in London you can organise your own March for Men walk in your local area anytime in July. Please visit our webpage to find out more about organising your own March for Men.
What should I do if I can no longer attend the event?
We’re sorry to hear you won’t be joining us on the day. Please email the team and we'll be happy to help
Why is Prostate Cancer UK only hosting a March for Men in London this year, and not other regions, as they have in previous years?
This year we're focusing on holding one big March for Men event, in London. This will allow us to maximise the amount of money raised and ultimately save more men, both now and in the future. Funds raised at this event will help fund vital research and support services for anyone affected by prostate cancer. We’ve held incredible March for Men events across the UK previously and will continue to reassess how viable it is for us to hold other events next year and beyond.
If you’re unable to join us in London this year, we’d love for you to join us by getting your family and friends together and taking on your own 2k, 5k or 10k walk in your local park. If that's something you'd like to do please click here for more information
1. You understand you are registering your voluntary fundraising activity in aid of Prostate Cancer UK (“Activity”) (company number 02653887 and charity number 1005541) Registered office: Fourth floor, The Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QN. (“Prostate Cancer UK” or “we”).
2. You must be aged 18 and over to register your Activity. If you are under 18 years of age you will need a parent or guardian to register on your behalf.
3. By completing and submitting a Registration Form which can be found at https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/organise-your-own-fundraising you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
4. We reserve the right to not accept any registration for your Activity at our absolute discretion.
5. You agree to abide by any local or national public health or safety guidance or restrictions applicable at the date of and at any point throughout the duration of your Activity, including in relation to Covid-19.
6. By submitting a Registration Form you confirm that, to the best of your knowledge and belief, you are healthy and fit to take part in your Activity unaided and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and have voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in your Activity entirely at your own risk.
7. You acknowledge that taking part in your Activity is entirely at your own risk. You agree that you will not hold Prostate Cancer UK or any of its representatives, employees, volunteers, trustees, persons connected to the trustees, officers or professional advisers of Prostate Cancer UK responsible for any injury, death or loss that might occur as a result of your Activity.
8. You acknowledge that participation in your Activity involves physical activities and inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. If you have any medical conditions that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition, or if you are in any doubt about your health, you must get clearance from your doctor before participating.
9. Prostate Cancer UK does not provide any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss and/or damage that may arise out of or in connection with the participation in your Activity. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required or desired.
10. In no event shall Prostate Cancer UK be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions for any loss or damage, loss of profit, reputation, business, revenue or goodwill, anticipated savings, any special, consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage: would arise in the ordinary course of events; is reasonably foreseeable; or is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
11. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to remove your Activity registration if Prostate Cancer UK determines that you fail to meet the registration and/or health and safety requirements and/or fail to follow the Fundraising Regulator’s Fundraising Code of Practice (https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code) and/or if allowing you to complete your Activity is likely to harm the charity’s reputation.
12. If broadcasting your Activity via social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube or any such site or social media platform, you shall not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit or publish any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You must agree to delete any content which we reasonably consider to be in breach of these conditions.
13. You agree that in carrying out all fundraising in aid of Prostate Cancer UK, you will:
a. abide by any fundraising guidelines issued by Prostate Cancer UK from time to time which can be found at https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/organise-your-own-fundraising/fundraising-resources;
b. follow the Fundraising Regulator’s Fundraising Code of Practice (https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code);
c. only use lawful means to fundraise and you must not do anything which harms or is likely to harm Prostate Cancer UK or Prostate Cancer UK’s reputation;
d. make it clear in whichever manner you see fit to potential sponsors that their donation in support of your Activity is a donation to Prostate Cancer UK and this amount will not be refundable even if your activity does not take place for whatever reason or you do not take part in it or you do not complete it; and
e. be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your Activity.
14. If you receive any donations outside of any online fundraising pages that send us the funds directly, these funds must be sent to Prostate Cancer UK as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event, within three weeks of receipt by you. To send donations by post (please don’t send cash donations), please use the following address: Prostate Cancer UK, Fourth Floor, The Counting House,?53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QN.
15. If you choose to cancel your Activity or if we prevent you from completing your Activity all sums collected or pledged will still be payable to Prostate Cancer UK.
16. To claim incentives, you must abide by the following:
c. Prostate Cancer UK does not accept any liability for: (i) any registrations which are incomplete or corrupted in any way as a result of any technical malfunction (whether caused by a website failure, virus, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure or other technical malfunction); or (ii) for any registrations which are lost, misdirected or delayed;
d. the incentives available are listed on the fundraising activity website - https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/organise-your-own-fundraising;
e. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to change the incentives at any time at its discretion; and
f. there are no cash alternatives to the incentives.
18. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and any of the rules, guidelines or policies mentioned herein without notice.
19. You agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts