Resources and FAQs
We’re here to help you make a difference to men’s lives. Whether you need ideas for raising money, or resources for your event, we’ve got you covered.
Need some extra support or have any questions? Please call us on 020 3310 7034 or email us. We’re here to help.
When & where is it happening?
London - Battersea Park - Sunday 2 June
What time does the event start?
We'll add more detail over the coming months, but our event village is likely to open from around 11am.
How do I get to Battersea Park?
The closest train station to the park is Queenstown Road and Battersea Park (both 10-minutes' walk to the Rosery Gate entrance). Clapham Junction station is approx. 20 minutes’ walk from Battersea Park too.
There are also several bus routes and three pay-and-display car parks, but spaces are limited and on a first come first served basis.
You can take the Thames Clipper which stops at Battersea Power Station (more info here: thamesclippers.com/plan-your-journey/route-map).
How long is the route?
There will be a 2.5km, 5km and a 10km route. The route will be fully accessible, and well sign posted. Everyone starts at the same time and on the same route, so you can walk with family or friends that are taking on different distances. You can also change your mind on the day and take on a longer or shorter option.
How do I sign up?
Simply fill in our registration form to get signed up. If you’d like friends and family to join you, please make sure that each adult completes the form. We do not take registration details for children, however there is an option to add children to any adult registrations when signing up.
How much does it cost to take part?
The registration fee is £5 per adult. Children under 18 can take part for free but must be accompanied by an adult or guardian over 18.
We ask that you try raise a minimum of £75 in fundraising to help fund lifesaving prostate cancer research.
Is there a registration fee for children?
No, children under 18 are free to join our March for Men events. We do not take registration details for children, however there is an option to add children to any adult registrations when signing up. As the parent or guardian of any children you register, you must accompany them at all times during the event and accept full responsibility for them.
I want to fundraise as a team for March for Men, how do I do this?
Follow the steps to set yourselves up as a team on JustGiving:
- Ask each member of your team to register for the event on our website.
- During registration you will each be asked to set up a JustGiving Fundraising page.
- Once you have all registered and have your JustGiving pages follow this guide on JustGiving to create and invite members to your team.
Can I find out more about the route and what I can expect on the day?
You’ll receive a handy walkers guide with all the information about what to expect on the day over the coming months.
On the day, there’ll be entertainment, music, selfie areas, catering, information stands and much more. Keep your eyes peeled for more information soon...
How much do I need to fundraise?
We’re asking everyone who takes part to try to raise a minimum of £75. You can also choose to set a higher target. By taking part in March for Men and raising money, you’ll help fund lifesaving research and support men and their families navigating this disease.
We’ll be sending an email soon with fundraising tips and we’ve always on hand to support with any fundraising ideas or questions. Drop us an email.
How do I fundraise?
We recommend setting up an online fundraising page through JustGiving. They’re easy to share with friends, family and colleagues and JustGiving send the donations to us directly. Here’s a quick guide to get started:
- Set up your JustGiving page
- Share your fundraising page link with friends and family and ask them to donate
- Pop in a donation yourself to get the ball rolling
You can also fundraise offline and pop any cash donations onto your JustGiving page or send cheques to us.
We’ll be sending an email soon with fundraising tips and we’ve always on hand to support with any fundraising ideas or questions. Drop us an email.
What if I don't hit the £75 target?
The money you raise can make a huge difference to the 1 in 8 men who will get prostate cancer. It could help fund lifesaving research and provide vital support services to men and their families, who are navigating this disease.
A target of £75 is a number to aim for, but we understand that it’s not always attainable, especially in the current climate.
We WON’T ask you to make up the difference if you don’t reach £75, we just ask that you try your best. We really appreciate your support and anything you can raise really will help to make a difference.
Can I get a T-shirt?
Yes, when you sign up you can select what size t-shirt you want and the delivery address. We’ll then send these out to you with your fundraising pack nearer the time of the event.
Who can take part?
Everyone can take part. This is a diverse and inclusive event and is perfect for all of your friends, family and colleagues to attend - you can even bring your dog.
The route is fully accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
Can I bring my dog?
Absolutely - the March for Men community love dogs and many often attend on the day! Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times during the event, including in the event village.
Please make sure to pick up after your dog too, there will be bins available in the park.
Can I run the route instead?
March for Men is a walking event only so we ask that people do not run the route. We encourage all attendees to be respectful and mindful of their fellow participants, in order for everyone to have an enjoyable walk.
Is the route accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs?
Yes - the route will be fully accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs as it is a fully paved path. Please note that our March for Men event village will be on a grassy area.
I’m a personal carer/assistant/support worker, do I need to pay for a ticket?
Personal carers, assistants and support workers do not need to pay a registration fee. Email our team and we can provide you with more details and give you a code to use.
Can I volunteer to help at the event?
Absolutely, we’d be thrilled to have you on the team! We’re looking for help with setup, registration, marshalling and merchandise on the day. Please fill in the volunteer registration form and select 'March for Men' from the event list. We'll then be in touch with more details.
What facilities are available on the day?
On the day there will be toilets (including disabled toilets), refreshments available to purchase, an accessible route, information stand, first aid, warm up and signed and marshalled routes (no need for a map!). Parking at the venue is limited - you can find more details on parking on the Battersea Park website here.
Will there be refreshments?
Yes, there will be a number of refreshments available for you to purchase on the day, including vegan and gluten free options. Our March for Men event is taking place in the beautiful Battersea Park so you are welcome to bring your own picnic along too, but please make sure you remove all rubbish when you leave the park.
We are trying to reduce our carbon footprint and limit plastic waste so we will not provide bottled water for every participant. Instead, we encourage all walkers to bring their own bottles from home, which you will be able to refill at the event.
Why is Prostate Cancer UK only hosting a March for Men in London again this year, and not other regions, as they have in previous years?
Last year’s March for Men event in Battersea Park, London, was a huge success – it was enjoyed by thousands, and raised a phenomenal amount ultimately saving more lives and funding our support services. This year we aim to focus on making the event in London even bigger and better, but we will assess and work out if it’s possible to hold March for Men events elsewhere in the UK again next year and beyond.
For those not able to join us in London, we’d love for you to take on your own March for Men in a park local to you that same weekend. You’d be part of our amazing March for Men community coming together up and down the country raising vital funds and awareness to save men’s lives. Find out more.
- You understand you are registering for the March for Men (“Event”). The Event is organised by Prostate Cancer UK (company number 02653887 and charity number 1005541). Registered office: Fourth Floor, The Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QN (“Prostate Cancer UK” or “we”) and Willam Martin Limited trading as WMP (company number 1827287). Registered office The Studio, Tubney Warren Barn, Tubney, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 5QJ
- You must be aged 18 and over to register for the Event. If you are under 18 years of age you will need a parent or guardian to register on your behalf. Parents/Guardians agree to take full responsibility at all times for any children under the age of 18 that they have registered to attend a March for Men event.
- You may participate in the Event as an individual or a team subject to the Event instructions which can be found on the Prostate Cancer UK Website https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/march-for-men. We reserve the right to not accept any registration for the Event in our absolute discretion
- You must register to participate in the Event by completing a Registration Form which can be found at https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/march-for-men. At the time of registering, you will pay an individual registration fee of £5 that is non-refundable (except as set out in point 23) By completing and submitting a Registration Form, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- By completing a Registration Form, you consent to Prostate Cancer UK sharing your personal and medical details with WMP to facilitate you participation in this Event. WMP will delete this data no later than one month after the event.
- You acknowledge that participation in the Event involves physical activities and inherent risks and dangers or accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. If you have any medical conditions that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition, or if you are in any doubt about your health; you must get clearance from your doctor before participating.
- By submitting a Registration Form, you confirm that, to the best of your knowledge and belief, you are healthy and fit to take part in the Event unaided and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and have voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in the Event entirely at your own risk.
- To the extent permitted by law, and subject to paragraph 7, neither Prostate Cancer UK nor its sponsors or suppliers will be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury in consequence of your participation in the walk.
- Prostate Cancer UK, nor its sponsors or suppliers, will not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of its negligence or breach of statutory duty.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to inform Prostate Cancer UK of any special access requirements you may need in order to partake in the Event.
- By signing up and taking part in this Event, you agree to act responsibly and adhere to the instructions of Prostate Cancer UK and WMP or its marshals during the entirety of the Event – Including following all route signage. Failure to adhere to these instructions will result in you being responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident caused by your behaviour.
- In the event of a medical emergency whilst participating in the Event, you understand that your personal and medical details will be released by the medical team on site, to the event organisers, in order to inform your next of kin and any statutory authorities about the incident.
- You acknowledge that taking part in this activity is entirely at your own risk. You agree that you will not hold Prostate Cancer UK or any of its representatives, employees, volunteer, trustees, persons connected to the trustees, officers or professional advisers of Prostate Cancer UK responsible for any injury, death or loss that might occur as a result of your participation in the Event.
- Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to remove your Event registration from participating in and/or completing the Event if Prostate Cancer UK determines that you fail to meet the Event’s registration and/or health and safety requirements and/or if allowing you to participate in the Event is likely to harm the charity’s reputation.
- If broadcasting the Event activity via social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube or any such site or social media platform, you shall not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit or publish any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You must agree to delete any content which we reasonably consider to be in breach of this conditions.
- You agree that in carrying out all fundraising for the benefit of Prostate Cancer UK, you will:
a. abide by any fundraising guidelines issued by Prostate Cancer UK from time to time which can be found at https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/organise-your-own-fundraising/fundraising-resources;
b. only use lawful means to fundraise and you must not do anything which harms or is likely to harm Prostate Cancer UK or Prostate Cancer UK’s reputation; and
c. make it clear in whichever manner you see fit to potential sponsors that their donation in support of you taking part in this Event is a donation to Prostate Cancer UK and this amount will not be refundable even if the Event does not take place for whatever reason or you do not take part in it or you do not complete it.
- You agree that by taking part in this Event you will try to raise a minimum of £75 per person in sponsorship (Excluding Gift Aid) and that all sponsorship funds will be submitted, online and offline, within six weeks of the event. To send donations by post, please use the following address: March for Men, Fourth Floor, The Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QN. Please do not send cash in the post.
- If you choose not to participate in the Event or if we prevent you from doing so (including where the Event is cancelled for any reason) all sums collected or pledged will still be payable to Prostate Cancer UK.
- To claim challenge incentives, you must abide by the following:
a. you must have raised the fundraising goals (excluding Gift Aid) outlined for the challenge incentives within two weeks of the challenge end date to be eligible;
c. you can only enter once for the event
d. entries that are incomplete will be deemed invalid and will not count as an entry;
e. Prostate Cancer UK does not accept any liability for: (i) any entries which are incomplete or corrupted in any way as a result of any technical malfunction (whether caused by a website failure, virus, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure or other technical malfunction); or (ii) for any entries which are lost, misdirected or delayed;
f. the incentives available are listed on the challenge website.
g. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to change the incentives at any time at its discretion; and
h. there are no cash alternatives to the incentives.
- You agree that Prostate Cancer UK may use without payment, notice or further consent any photographs, videos and other images in which you appear which are taken at an Event or Event-related occasion by our employees or suppliers or any participant or other person attending, in our brochure, website, social network marketing activities or any other relevant promotional material. Prostate Cancer UK will not, however, identify anyone by name without their agreement. Should you prefer that Prostate Cancer UK do not use any such images in which you may appear which are taken at the Event or any Event-related occasion in any promotional materials or if you do not wish to be the subject of any photography, please notify Prostate Cancer UK by telephone on 0203 310 7034 or by emailing [email protected].
- You also agree that WMP may use without payment, notice or further consent any photographs, videos and other images in which you appear which are taken at this Event by our employees or suppliers or any participant or other person attending, on their brochure, website, social network marketing activities or any other relevant promotional material. WMP will not, however, identify anyone by name without their agreement. Should you prefer that WMP do not use any such images in which you may appear which are taken at the Event in any promotional materials or if you do not wish to be the subject of any photography, please notify by telephone on 0203 310 7034 or by emailing [email protected].
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Event takes place so far as reasonably possible in accordance with the information provided on the Prostate Cancer UK website. However, we do reserve the right to cancel, postpone or make such alterations to the Event as we may reasonably require without any liability to you. In the unlikely scenario that the Event must be cancelled by Prostate Cancer UK – for example another Covid-19 lockdown – your registration fee will be refunded. Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an event will be limited to the refund amount only.
- Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and any of the rules, guidelines or policies mentioned herein without notice.
- You agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- In no event shall Prostate Cancer UK or WMP be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions for any loss or damage, loss of profit, reputation, business, revenue or goodwill, anticipated savings, any special, consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage: would arise in the ordinary course of events; is reasonably foreseeable; or is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.