We’re here to help you make a difference to men’s lives. Whether you need ideas for raising money, or resources for your event, we’ve got you covered.
What is March for Men?
March for Men is a series of Prostate Cancer UK walking events in various locations across the UK where thousands of dedicated people come together to march for their loved ones and raise money to help beat prostate cancer.
When and where are they happening?
Birmingham - Saturday 11 June, Cannon Hill Park
Glasgow - Sunday 12 June, Tollcross Park
London - Saturday 18 June, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Leeds - Sunday 19 June, Roundhay Park
How long are the routes?
All locations will have a 2.5km route and a 10km route. The 2.5km routes will be fully accessible, and both routes will be well sign-posted.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up to a March for Men event at prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/march-for-men
How much does it cost to take part?
The registration fee is £10 per adult. Children under 18 can take part for free but must be accompanied by an adult or guardian over 18. We suggest you raise a minimum of £75 in fundraising to help fund lifesaving prostate cancer research.
Is there a registration fee for children?
No, children under 18 are free to join our March for Men events. We do not take registration details for children, however there is an option to add children to any adult registrations when signing up. As the parent or guardian of any children you register, you must accompany them at all times during the event and accept full responsibility for them.
Will I get a map of the route?
You will not need a route map to take part in this event as each route will be fully sign posted and marshalled to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable March for Men experience.
How much do I need to fundraise?
We’re asking everyone who takes part to try to raise a minimum of £75, so it’s best to sign up before the event date so you can start your fundraising early! By taking part in March for Men and raising money, you’ll help fund lifesaving research into better treatments and tests to beat prostate cancer.
Can I get a T-shirt?
Yes, when you sign up you’ll receive an exclusive March for Men T-shirt. Simply select your size when registering online and we’ll post it out to you.
I’ve not received my T-shirt, what do I do?
Your T-shirt should be with you two weeks after you register. If you have not received your T-shirt after this time please email [email protected] and one of our team will be happy to help.
My T-shirt doesn’t fit
We’re sorry to hear that your t-shirt size is wrong, please let the team know at [email protected] and they will be happy to help.
Can I get a T-shirt for my child/children?
Yes, please email [email protected] to order a child’s t-shirt.
I wasn’t bringing my child but now they want to join in too, what do I do?
Please get in contact with us at [email protected] with your details and we can add a child to your registration.
Can I register on the day?
Yes, you can register on the day - but it will be very busy so it’s best to sign up online beforehand!
Can women take part?
Of course, everyone is welcome - this is the perfect event for all of your friends, families and colleagues to attend!
Can I bring my dog?
Absolutely - dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times during the event. Please make sure to pick up after your dog too, there will be bins available in all parks.
Can I run the march instead?
Unfortunately running is not advised at March for Men events which are walking events only. We encourage all attendees to be respectful and mindful of their fellow participants, in order for everyone to have an enjoyable march.
Can I bring a pushchair?
Of course! We would advise anyone with pushchairs to take part in our short route (2.5km) which is fully accessible.
Are the routes accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs?
Yes - the short routes (2.5km) are fully accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
I’m a personal carer/assistant/support worker, do I need to pay for a ticket?
Personal carers, assistants and support workers do not need to pay a registration fee. Get in touch with our team at [email protected] and we can provide you with more details.
Can I volunteer to help at the event?
Absolutely, we’d be thrilled to have you on the team! We’re looking for help with setup, registration, marshalling and merchandise on the day. Please email [email protected] for more details and one of the team will be in touch!
What facilities are available on the day?
All local marches will have toilets (including disabled toilets), refreshments available to purchase, an accessible short route, information stand, first aid, warm up and signed and marshalled routes (no need for a map!). Onsite parking will differ in each location - we will update these FAQs with further parking information shortly.
Will there be refreshments?
Yes, there will be a number of refreshments available for you to purchase on the day, including vegan and gluten free options. Our March for Men events are held in beautiful parks so you are welcome to bring your own picnic along too, but please make sure you remove all rubbish when you leave the park. We are trying to reduce our carbon footprint and limit plastic waste so we will not provide bottled water for every participant. Instead, we encourage all walkers to bring their own bottles from home, which you will be able to refill at the event.
I want to create a team for March for Men, how do I do this?
We would love for you to set up a team. When you register on our website, there is a section of the registration form which will ask you if you would like to set up a team. If you click yes, you will be asked for a team name and then have the option below this to enter the email addresses for each of your team members. Each team member will receive an automatic email inviting them to register and join your team.
Where can I find photos from my event?
All event photos will be uploaded onto our Flickr account following the event, we’ll send all event participants a link via email.
When you register to take part in one of our Marches you agree to the event being photographed or filmed for our use in print, press and online marketing. By agreeing to these terms and conditions and attending the event you are giving your consent for your image to appear in these. If you are concerned or do NOT wish to be part of these materials, please contact us in advance of the day by emailing [email protected] or on the day of the event, please speak to a member of staff when you arrive and we can make sure your wishes are upheld.
What are your Covid-19 safety measures?
The health & safety of all our walkers, volunteers and staff is our top priority. We are monitoring and staying up to date with all government guidance, and will keep all our event participants updated on our Covid-19 safety measures.
I can’t make any of the local marches, is there another way I can take part?
If you can’t see a location or date that works for you, or if you’d be more comfortable marching on your own or in a smaller group, then why not organise your own March for Men in your area? Find out more about organising your own March.
What should I do if I can no longer attend the event?
We’re sorry to hear you won’t be joining us on the day. Please email [email protected] and our team will be happy to help.
Why isn’t there a march in my local area?
We’re delighted that our March for Men events are back after a two-year break due to COVID-19 restrictions. We’ve chosen four fantastic locations across the UK where we hope you’ll be able to join us: London, Birmingham, Leeds and Glasgow.
We’re looking forward to making March for Men bigger and better than ever in the years to come as we rebuild after the pandemic, and we know with your incredible support we will get there.
For those supporters who are unable to attend the events in these locations this year, we’d love to welcome you to organise your own March for Men in your area. Find out more about organising your own March.
We thank all of you for your understanding and support and we hope to see you at a March for Men event in June.
Here’s some handy tips on raising money to make lifesaving research possible:
1. Make a fundraising page, and make it stand out. Those who raise online raise more, and we recommend Justgiving. Add photos, videos or a blog to your page and show people how hard you’re working on your challenge.
2. Personalise your page and update your story. Tell people why you’re marching. Personal stories add meaning to your event, and when you share your passion with people, they'll be more inclined to donate.
3. Get generous friends and family to donate first. Once your page is set up ask a generous friend or relative to make the first donation. Studies show that people tend to match existing donations on the page.
4. Share, share, share. Make sure you send a link to your page to colleagues, contacts, friends and family on email and social media, and ask them to share it as well.
5. Ask your workplace. If they do matched giving it’s a quick and easy way to boost your total.
Terms and Conditions of entry
March for Men
- You understand you are registering for the March for Men (“Event”). The Event is organised by Prostate Cancer UK (company number 02653887 and charity number 1005541). Registered office: Fourth Floor, The Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QN (“Prostate Cancer UK” or “we”).
- You must be aged 18 and over to register for the Event. If you are under 18 years of age you will need a parent or guardian to register on your behalf. You agree to take all responsibility at all times for any children under the age of 18 that you have registered to attend a March for Men event.
- You may participate in the Event as an individual or a team subject to the Event instructions which can be found on the Prostate Cancer UK Website https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/march-for-men. We reserve the right to not accept any registration for the Event in our absolute discretion.
- You must register to participate in the Event by completing a Registration Form which can be found at https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/march-for-men. At the time of registering, you will pay an individual registration fee that is non-refundable (except as set out in paragraph 19) By completing and submitting a Registration Form, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge that participation in the Event involves physical activities and inherent risks and dangers or accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. If you have any medical conditions that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition, or if you are in any doubt about your health; you must get clearance from your doctor before participating.
- To the extent permitted by law, and subject to paragraph 7, neither Prostate Cancer UK nor its sponsors or suppliers will be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury in consequence of your participation in the walk.
- Prostate Cancer UK will not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of its negligence or breach of statutory duty.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to inform Prostate Cancer UK of any special access requirements you may need in order to partake in the Event.
- By signing up and taking part in this Event, you agree to act responsibly and adhere to the instructions of Prostate Cancer UK or its marshals during the entirety of the Event – Including following all route signage. Failure to adhere to these instructions will result in you being responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident caused by your behaviour.
- In the event of a medical emergency whilst participating in the Event, you understand that your personal and medical details will be released by the medical team on site, to the event organisers, in order to inform your next of kin and any statutory authorities about the incident.
- Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to remove your Event registration from participating in and/or completing the Event if Prostate Cancer UK determines that you fail to meet the Event’s registration and/or health and safety requirements and/or if allowing you to participate in the Event is likely to harm the charity’s reputation.
- If broadcasting the Event activity via social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube or any such site or social media platform, you shall not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit or publish any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You must agree to delete any content which we reasonably consider to be in breach of this conditions.
- You agree that in carrying out all fundraising for the benefit of Prostate Cancer UK, you will:
- abide by any fundraising guidelines issued by Prostate Cancer UK from time to time which can be found at https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/organise-your-own-fundraising/fundraising-resources;
- only use lawful means to fundraise and you must not do anything which harms or is likely to harm Prostate Cancer UK or Prostate Cancer UK’s reputation; and
- make it clear in whichever manner you see fit to potential sponsors that their donation in support of you taking part in this Event is a donation to Prostate Cancer UK and this amount will not be refundable even if the Event does not take place for whatever reason or you do not take part in it or you do not complete it.
- You agree that by taking part in this Event you will try to raise a minimum of £75 per person in sponsorship (Excluding Gift Aid) and that all sponsorship funds will be submitted, online and offline, within six weeks of the event. To send donations by post, please use the following address: March for Men, Fourth Floor, The Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QN.
- If you choose not to participate in the Event or if we prevent you from doing so (including where the Event is cancelled for any reason) all sums collected or pledged will still be payable to Prostate Cancer UK.
- To claim challenge incentives, you must abide by the following:
- you must have raised the fundraising goals (excluding Gift Aid) outlined for the challenge incentives within two weeks of the challenge end date to be eligible;
- you can only enter once to each event per location – Birmingham, London, Leeds & Glasgow.
- entries that are incomplete will be deemed invalid and will not count as an entry;
- Prostate Cancer UK does not accept any liability for: (i) any entries which are incomplete or corrupted in any way as a result of any technical malfunction (whether caused by a website failure, virus, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure or other technical malfunction); or (ii) for any entries which are lost, misdirected or delayed;
- the incentives available are listed on the challenge website.
- Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to change the incentives at any time at its discretion; and
- there are no cash alternatives to the incentives.
- You agree that Prostate Cancer UK may use without payment, notice or further consent any photographs, videos and other images in which you appear which are taken at an Event or Event-related occasion by our employees or suppliers or any participant or other person attending, in our brochure, website, social network marketing activities or any other relevant promotional material. Prostate Cancer UK will not, however, identify anyone by name without their agreement. Should you prefer that Prostate Cancer UK do not use any such images in which you may appear which are taken at the Event or any Event-related occasion in any promotional materials or if you do not wish to be the subject of any photography, please notify Prostate Cancer UK by telephone on 0203 310 7034 or by emailing [email protected].
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Event takes place so far as reasonably possible in accordance with the information provided on the Prostate Cancer UK website. However, we do reserve the right to cancel, postpone or make such alterations to the Event as we may reasonably require without any liability to you. In the unlikely scenario that the Event must be cancelled by Prostate Cancer UK your registration fee will be refunded.
- Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and any of the rules, guidelines or policies mentioned herein without notice.
- You agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.