Your match day leader pack
What’s a Men United Match Day?
This season we expect to have a presence at over 70 matches in The Football League, Premier League and Wembley Cup Finals – from February to May 2017.
Our match days include:
- A collection before the match
- Managers wearing our pin badge
- Stories in the programme and on the club’s social media/website
- Tannoy announcements
Many games will also include:
- Players walking out in scarves
- A Prostate Cancer UK Guest of Honour leading out the teams
- Local/regional media coverage
- Tickets to the game for volunteers
As Team Leader you’re pivotal to the match day’s success. Your key responsibilities include:
- Helping to recruit collectors ahead of the game. We will also be recruiting directly, so it’s not all on your shoulders.
- Touching base with the club and your team of collectors a few days ahead of the game to make sure everyone’s clear on the arrangements. We will send the club all the information beforehand, but it’s prudent to double-check.
- Arriving early on match day to meet your club contact and prepare materials ready for your team to arrive.
- Meeting and greeting your team members, issuing them with materials and briefing them on what to do.
- Collecting up all the materials after the collection, thanking your team and issuing their match tickets.
- Counting the money and safely paying it in to the Prostate Cancer UK bank account.
Why we need you on the team
We are proud and honoured to have you on our team, Men United. We know when people get together to support us with their friends and family this season they’ll have a great time while helping us beat prostate cancer.
That’s what Men United is all about. A movement for everyone who believes that men are worth fighting for. And having a good time doing it.
With you on the team we can build a movement to take action on men’s health further than we’ve ever gone before. We’ll reach over 500,000 fans in The English Football League this season. And reach our Men United match day target of £75,000 to fund our work. We also know the impact we can make on the ground with the support of you and your team to keep us in the minds of fans up and down the country for years to come.