Organise a ride
Pick a route, get your bike ready and raise money to help beat prostate cancer.
Organise your own cycling challenge
It’s your ride but we’ll be on hand to support you at each turn of the wheel.
Whether you're a velo fanatic, casual commuter, or it's been a few years out of the saddle, organising your own cycle challenge is an excellent way to raise money and awareness in the fight against prostate cancer.
How we can support you
We’re here to help you make your bike ride a success. Sign up using our online form to get:
- Tips and ideas for your challenge
- Ongoing support for your fundraising
- Resources and materials - such as balloons, posters and collection tins.
- A free Prostate Cancer UK branded cycling jersey when you hit £500
- Access to our online community of Prostate Cancer UK cyclists. Share stories, advice and tips with cyclists like you!
Planning your bike ride
Get in touch to let us know you’re taking part! Sign up online.
Decide on your cycling route and challenge. Fancy taking on a Coast to Coast challenge with your work colleagues, or a solo ride around your local area? Check out some of our suggestions for inspiration.
Pick your date. Whether it’s a one day bike ride or you’re clocking up miles over a month, the choice is yours!
Spread the word! Let your friends and family know about your challenge and ask them to support you.
Ready to go? Make sure you check your equipment and have everything you need to stay safe on your bike. See our FAQs for more information.
Raise money to help beat prostate cancer. Encourage people to sponsor you by setting up a JustGiving page. It’s a great way to collect donations online.
“Overall, the ride was a great success. It allowed the four brothers to properly catch up on life, we all enjoyed the experience of the ride and its stunning locations and felt that we had achieved its main purpose of spreading the word about prostate cancer and raising funds for Prostate Cancer UK”.
No matter your cycling experience, there is a challenge for everyone! Here's a few ideas to get you started:
- Land’s End to John O Groats - cycle the entire length of the UK
- Coast to Coast - from one coast in the UK to another
- Club to club - cycle between local sports clubs and get your community involved
- Static or virtual rides - ride from the comfort of your home, gym, wherever!
- Local rides - ride around your local area
What equipment do I need?
The kit required depends on the type of challenge you’re taking on, but try and get the essentials covered, including:
- Helmet, lights, high-vis clothing
- Suitable cycling clothing, e.g. padded shorts, windproof jacket
- Basic maintenance items such as a multi-tool, pump and inner tubes
- Enough food and drink to keep you going throughout
Can I get a Prostate Cancer UK cycling jersey?
Absolutely! If you raise over £500, we’ll provide you with one of our cycling jerseys, which you can wear with pride on your ride. Our cycling jerseys are short-sleeved, full-zipped and Prostate Cancer UK branded. We’ll be in touch when you hit £500 with more information on how to claim your free jersey.
Do I need insurance?
If you’re organising an event for a group of people, it’s essential you check out what is required with regards to insurance and health and safety – see British Cycling’s guidance for details on organising your own event.
Will Prostate Cancer UK help with promoting my ride?
For all of our fundraisers, we offer ongoing support to maximise their fundraising, including press release templates and local media details. Register your ride with us for more details of how we can help.
Create your own poster to promote your cycling event or ask your family, friends and colleagues for sponsorship.