There's something for everyone in The Big Golf Race. Choose from the Marathon (four rounds, 72 holes), Half Marathon (two rounds, 36 holes) or Sprint (one round, 18 holes, quick as you can). Speak to your club about how they can help you take on the challenge during socially distanced golf.
Prostate cancer is now the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the UK. That’s why we need you on our team to help keep men in the game for longer.
It’s all to play for as the top fundraising team will win the ultimate prize. Game on!
Stay safe whilst playing golf. Make sure you abide by your golf course guidelines and Government advice when taking on The Big Golf Race.
Challenge yourself and take on the race by foot, so leave the buggies at the clubhouse!
Can I take on this challenge while we’re facing challenges around COVID-19?
We understand the challenges you and golf clubs will be facing during this difficult time which is why we understand you might not be able to take on this challenge right now. If you do want to take it on, we advise you to get in touch with your club to see if you can secure the tee times and make sure you always follow Government advise and course guidelines. You can also register your interest if you are not ready to sign up.
Do we need to play as a team of four?
This challenge can be taken on by yourself, or in teams of up to four. But we advise you always follow Government advise and course guidelines around social distancing.
Can I use a buggy?
We think that or the best possible experience (and challenge) you should take on your race by foot. However, we understand that in certain circumstances a buggy is necessary to complete the race.
How do I fundraise?
Everything you need to know as well as hints and tips are included in our fundraising pack. If you want to start early check out our online fundraising tips.
Can I fundraise online?
Of course! You can set up a JustGiving page, just let us know about it at email@example.com. Don’t forget to share this with friends and family and through your social media channels. The money you raise will help keep men in the game.
When will I receive my fundraising pack?
Once you’ve signed up to The Big Golf Race and have provided an address, you’ll receive your pack with 2 weeks.
Do I need to keep score?
It’s entirely up to you. The Big Golf Race is primarily about completing your race and enjoying yourself.
Where can I play?
We recommend contacting your nearest course explaining that you are raising money for Prostate Cancer UK by taking part in The Big Golf Race. You can request a letter from us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org which might help persuading the course to give you reduced green fees.
When can I play?
Any time of the year! For The Marathon you will want as much daylight as possible so in this instance we’d recommend completing your race in the summer. Remember that donations received after December 31 2020 will not count towards the top fundraising team prize.
How do I donate my money?
Any money raised on JustGiving will be automatically credited to your record. Details on how to pay in offline donations are here.
Who can take part?
Anyone and everyone! If you’re not a golfer you can still recruit some participants and be their coach, supporting them round the course on the day.
How do I sign up?
Choose which challenge you’d like to take on, pop your details in and we’ll send you a fundraising pack. If you’re taking part as a team, only one person needs to sign up.
Does each member of the team need to sign up?
We only need one representative to sign up to The Big Golf Race. We’ll send them a fundraising pack which can be shared with the whole team.
Since signing up, I have changed which distance I’m racing. What do I need to do? Just email us at email@example.com to let us know.
I am already fundraising for Prostate Cancer UK through golf but would like to take part, what do I need to do?
We’d encourage all existing supporters to express their interest by signing up to The Big Golf Race and following the process through this webpage, you can keep your fundraising separate or incorporate it into your ongoing fundraising.
Can I wear your branded Glenmuir golf shirt?
We’d be delighted to have you sport one with pride! You can buy our shirts through the online shop.
I don’t have a team and/or date yet, can I still sign up?
We’d encourage anyone who’s serious about taking part in The Big Golf Race to sign up as soon as possible.
Get in touch if you have any other questions!
The Big Golf Race Challenge Prize Competition
1. All entrants (including team members) must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry and legally reside within the UK (including Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Employees of Prostate Cancer UK or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Competition are not eligible to take part. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to require entrants to prove that they are eligible. If a prize winner is found to be ineligible, Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible winner.
2. To enter the Competition sign up to take part in the Big Golf Race at https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/golf/the-big-golf-race and deposit all sponsorship money raised by your team by POST to Prostate Cancer UK, Prostate Cancer UK, 53 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QN (cheques only, no cash) and/or via Just Giving, by 23:59 BST on 31st January 2021. Competition entries will not be accepted after this time.
3. You may only make a maximum of one entry per individual into the Competition. An individual consists of one person. Team totals will not be counted. There is no other method of entry other than as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
4. After the closing date, all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries, received before the closing date will be reviewed and verified by Prostate Cancer UK.
5. The prize will be awarded to one winning individual who has raised the most sponsorship money for Prostate Cancer UK (excluding Gift Aid) received in cleared funds by the closing date. Prostate Cancer UK’s decision is final.
6. The prize is a voucher for a round of golf at The Belfry Hotel & Resort, The Brabazon course, for four people. This prize can only be redeemed once and this must be completed by contacting The Belfry Hotel & Resort, golf sales team 01675 238 600 and cannot be exchanged and has no monetary value. The dates are unrestricted but subject to availability and that the applicable booking process and terms and conditions have been applied. The voucher cannot be extended past the expiry date (3rd September 2021). Prostate Cancer UK are not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers.
Prostate Cancer UK accepts no liability for any changes in the details, including dates and times, of any flights, transport, accommodation, or other aspects of the prize.
7. Prize winners are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Prize does not include travel from/to winners’ home and airport, travel insurance, drinks, or incidental costs. Prize winners must bring their own set of golf clubs. Prize winners are personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. The Promoter will not be held liable where such charges and/or expenses are incurred, and no refund or reimbursement will be made.
8. The prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash equivalent, and no alternative prize (in whole or in part) will be given at the request of a winner. By participating in the Competition, you agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither Prostate Cancer UK nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
9. Prize winners will be notified no later 28th February 2021 via telephone and/or email address provided.
10. Prize winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving the prize. If a prize winner or any team member refuses the prize, or cannot be contacted within a reasonable time, Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible individual from the valid entries received before the closing date.
11. In the event that, for reasons beyond Prostate Cancer UK’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, Prostate Cancer UK is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value at its own discretion.
12. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by Prostate Cancer UK of any third parties concerned in any way with the prize or Competition. Any complaints or queries relating to the prize should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. By entering the Competition, you understand that Prostate Cancer UK would like you to participate in publicity at the Promoter’s request if you are a winner and to have your name and image featured in publicity materials in any media worldwide.
14. If you win, your name will be published as the winner on the Prostate Cancer UK website located at https://prostatecanceruk.org/ and the Promoter may publish or announce your name elsewhere as Prostate Cancer UK determines in its sole discretion. If you do not want your details to be used for these purposes, please contact email@example.com to opt out.
16. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions, or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Prostate Cancer UK that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Competition. Neither Prostate Cancer UK nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of The Belfry Hotel & Resort (or any other company donating the prize or part of the prize to Prostate Cancer UK or supplier selected by Prostate Cancer UK to provide the prize) or otherwise that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
17. Save where it has been negligent, and subject to the terms of clause 19, Prostate Cancer UK will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from your entry into the Competition or your acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit your ability to participate in the Competition. Prostate Cancer UK will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by Prostate Cancer UK of any entries.
18. Any illegible, incomplete, or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Prostate Cancer UK’s determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Prostate Cancer UK and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at Prostate Cancer UK’s sole discretion.
19. You must comply with the terms and conditions, including health and safety requirements of the venue(s) involved in the Competition or the prize including all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
20. By participating in the Competition, you agree to release and hold Prostate Cancer UK, its subsidiary and affiliated companies, together with their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with participating in the Competition or resulting from your acceptance or use of the prize, provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Prostate Cancer UK’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
21. All Prostate Cancer UK’s decisions in relation to the Competition are final in all matters and Prostate Cancer UK will not enter into any correspondence with entrants other than the Competition winners.
22. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
23. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.
24. The promoter of this Competition is Prostate Cancer UK (“Prostate Cancer UK”), registered charity in England and Wales (1005541), and Scotland (SC039332); a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (02653887). Registered office: 53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 7QN (‘Prostate Cancer UK, we, us, our, Promoter’).