There's something for everyone in The Big Golf Race. Choose from the Marathon (four rounds in one day) or the Half Marathon (two rounds in one day).
Get golfing with your mates to help beat prostate cancer. It’s a disease killing one man every 45 minutes in the UK, that’s the time it takes to play 3 holes of golf. It doesn’t have to be this way. That’s why we need you and your mates on our team to help keep men in the game for longer.
How it works
Win a golfing break
The top fundraiser will win a golf break at The Belfry Hotel & Resort including overnight stay and two rounds of golf for four people.
It's all to play for
Raise over £250 and you'll be entered into a giveaway to win £3,000 worth of Mizuno golf gear, courtesy of our partner, Golfsupport.com. Game on!
Raise over £500 and we’ll send you a unique Big Golf Race branded Glenmuir polo shirt, totally free, totally on us. It’s certain to make you stand out on the course and you can wear it with pride dancing on the greens.
Raise over £1,000 and we’ll send you a box of Prostate Cancer UK branded Titleist ProV1 golf balls, again they’ll be free. They’re certain to take your game to the next level and have you approaching the greens in style.
Can I take on this challenge while we’re facing restrictions around COVID-19?
We know yourself and golf clubs are facing challenges during this difficult time, which is why we understand you might not be able to take on this challenge right now. If you’d like to get involved, we advise you to get in touch with your chosen golf club for tee times and course guidelines whilst also considering government guidance.
How many people should I have in my team?
This challenge can be taken on by yourself, or in teams of up to four. But we advise you always follow government advice and course guidelines.
Can I use a buggy?
We think that for the best possible experience (and challenge) you should take on your race by foot. However, we understand that in certain circumstances a buggy is necessary to complete the race.
How do I fundraise?
Everything you need to know as well as hints and tips are included in our fundraising pack, which you’ll be sent after signing up. But if you want to start early check out our online fundraising tips.
Can I fundraise online?
Of course, we even recommend it! You can set up a JustGiving page here. Don’t forget to share this with friends and family on social media. The money you raise will help keep men in the game.
When will I receive my fundraising pack?
Once you’ve signed up to The Big Golf Race and have provided an address, you’ll receive your pack within 2 weeks.
Do I need to keep score?
It’s entirely up to you. The Big Golf Race is primarily about completing your race, raising money for Prostate Cancer UK and enjoying yourself.
Where can I play?
We recommend contacting your nearest course explaining you’re raising money for Prostate Cancer UK by taking part in The Big Golf Race. You can request a letter from us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org which might help persuade the course to give you reduced green fees. Make sure you check government restrictions and course guidelines.
When can I play?
Any time of the year! For The Marathon you’ll want as much daylight as possible so in this instance we’d recommend completing your race in the summer. Remember donations received after December 31st 2021 will not count towards the top fundraising team prize.
What are the prizes for the top fundraisers?
The top fundraiser will win an overnight golfing break at The Belfry including two rounds of golf for four people.
Everyone raising over £1,000 will receive a box of 12 Prostate Cancer UK branded Titleist ProV1s; everyone raising over £500 will receive a Prostate Cancer UK Big Golf Race branded Glenmuir polo shirt. And everyone raising over £250 will be entered into a prize draw with a chance of winning £3,000 worth of Mizuno golf gear courtesy of our partner Golfsupport.com.
Remember that donations received after December 31st 2021 will not count towards any fundraising totals and terms and conditions apply which can be found here.
How do I donate my money?
Any money raised on JustGiving will be automatically credited to your record and added to your fundraising totals. Any money raised offline will be credited to your record but not count towards competition totals. Details on how to pay in offline donations are here.
Who can take part?
Anyone and everyone! If you’re not a golfer you can still recruit some participants and be their coach, supporting them round the course on the day.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up here. Choose which challenge you’d like to take on, pop your details in and we’ll send you a fundraising pack. If you’re taking part as a team, only one person needs to sign up.
Does each member of the team need to sign up?
We only need one representative to sign up to The Big Golf Race. We’ll send them a fundraising pack which can be shared with the whole team.
Since signing up, I have changed which distance I’m racing. What do I need to do?
Just send an email to the team at email@example.com and let us know.
Can I wear your branded golf merchandise?
We’d be delighted to have you sport our gear with pride! You can buy our clothing and accessories through the online shop. Remember we’ll send you prizes along the way when you hit fundraising milestones.
I don’t have a team and/or date yet, can I still sign up?
We’d encourage anyone who’s serious about taking part in The Big Golf Race to sign up as soon as possible. You can get your team together and choose a date later on.
Do we need to play as a team of four?
This challenge can be taken on by yourself, or in teams. You can have unlimited members on your JustGiving team page but remember that most golf clubs only allow groups of four people playing at once. We advise you to always follow Government advice and course guidelines around social distancing.
Last year, Robert Green was one of our first supporters to take on The Big Golf Race after he lost his dad to prostate cancer. Since raising £2,910 he’s shared his best tips for making the most of your fundraising...
Read & use the fundraising pack!
It’s there to get you started. Maybe even tempt some donations by flogging those golf balls & pin badges.
Get your place of work to promote your fundraising
Ask them whether they have a matched funding scheme or use their social media/newsletter/noticeboard to spread the word.
Post on social media
Take photos and videos in the run up to and during the challenge. The charity even has a dedicated Facebook group you can use.
It’s the easiest way for people to donate. Make the most of your page by telling everyone why you’re doing The Big Golf Race, especially if it’s personal. You should also post updates on it regularly to keep your sponsors informed.
Challenge yourself on the day
Birdies, 3-putts, out of bounds, wager between your mates or get people to sponsor you for achieving certain feats.
Remind people why you’re doing it
Prostate cancer kills one man every 45 minutes in the UK. The money you raise will help fund lifesaving research and vital support services for thousands of men across the country.
There’s plenty more where these came from. Check out our A-Z of fundraising ideas and have a look at what could give your fundraising the boost it deserves!
Terms and conditions: Big Golf Race 2021 Golfsupport.com / Mizuno Equipment Package Prize Draw
1. The promoter of this free draw is Prostate Cancer UK (“Prostate Cancer UK”), registered charity in England and Wales (1005541), and Scotland (SC039332); a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (02653887). Registered office: 53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 7QN (‘Prostate Cancer UK, we, us, our, Promoter’).
2. This free draw is open to all Prostate Cancer UK Big Golf Race participants. By entering The Big Golf Race, participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below. All entrants (including team members) must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry and legally reside within the UK (including Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Employees of Prostate Cancer UK or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Competition are not eligible to take part. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to require entrants to prove that they are eligible. If a prize winner is found to be ineligible, Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible winner.
3. Participants are automatically entered into the free draw by fundraising a minimum of £250.00 during The Big Golf Race 2021 campaign between 23:59 GMT 22nd February 2021 and 23:59 GMT 31st December 2021. Note that each individual raising a minimum of £250 will only receive one entry, with no additional entries for each further £250 that is raised. All fundraising will be tracked via your Big Golf Race JustGiving Page which will be linked to the overall Prostate Cancer UK Big Golf Race campaign page.
4. Individuals must ensure that all fundraising monies and donations are deposited onto their JustGiving fundraising page by 23:59 GMT 31st December 2021. For the avoidance of doubt, any fundraising monies or donations deposited after this date will not be counted towards your Fundraising Total.
5. Offline donations, which is money that is not donated directly via the JustGiving fundraising page will not be considered.
6. The personal data submitted by you in connection with the free draw will be used by Prostate Cancer UK for the administration of the free draw. By signing up and participating in The Big Golf Race you agree that Prostate Cancer UK may send you updates about the free draw. Prostate Cancer UK will not contact you about our other activities unless you have already opted into such communications or you amend your contact preferences to allow us to do this.
7. The prize is a Mizuno Golf kit and equipment bundle, provided by Golfsupport.com. The equipment bundle includes a custom fit set of Irons 4-PW, 2 wedges, a putter, a driver, 2 fairway woods, a hybrid or driving iron, a golf bag, 72 golf balls, 6 golf gloves, a pair of shoes, 3 golf polos, 3 base layers, 3 caps, 3 trousers and a waterproof suit.
8. There are no cash alternatives to the listed prize.
9. The winner will be drawn independently at random by 23:59 GMT on 31st January 2022 and notified by telephone and/or email address provided within 24 hours of the draw being made. In the event that the prize is not claimed within 2 months of the winner being notified, Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve (drawn at the same time as the original winner).
10. Prostate Cancer UK and Golfsupport.com shall have no liability for loss of any kind in the event that it has to cancel the prize draw.
11. The winners’ name will be available upon request, within 60 calendar days of the draw, by writing to: Prostate Cancer UK, 53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 7QN.
12. The decision of Prostate Cancer UK is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Any illegible, incomplete, or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the prize draw in a manner, which in Prostate Cancer UK’s determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Prostate Cancer UK and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at Prostate Cancer UK’s sole discretion.
14. This prize draw is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
15. The winner of the prize draw agree: (i) that Prostate Cancer UK may request the consent of winners to use their name, image and county of residence to announce the winner of the prize draw, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and (ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require. For the avoidance of doubt, neither entry into the prize draw or the likelihood of someone being a winner are conditional upon consent being given to the terms of this clause.
16. By entering the Competition, you understand that Prostate Cancer UK would like you to participate in publicity at the Promoter’s request if you are a winner and to have your name and image featured in publicity materials in any media worldwide.
17. If you win, your name will be published as the winner on the Prostate Cancer UK website located at https://prostatecanceruk.org/ and the Promoter may publish or announce your name elsewhere as Prostate Cancer UK determines in its sole discretion. If you do not want your details to be used for these purposes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
18. Please consider the Code of Fundraising Practice to ensure responsible fundraising. Please avoid putting members of the public under undue pressure to give.
Top Fundraiser The Belfry UK golf break competition
1. All entrants (including team members) must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry and legally reside within the UK (including Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Employees of Prostate Cancer UK or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Competition are not eligible to take part. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to require entrants to prove that they are eligible. If a prize winner is found to be ineligible, Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible winner.
2. To enter the Competition sign up to take part in the Big Golf Race at https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/golf/the-big-golf-race and deposit all sponsorship money raised by your team via Just Giving, by 23:59 GMT on 31st December 2021. Competition entries will not be accepted after this time.
3. Offline donations, which is money that is not donated directly via the JustGiving fundraising page will not be considered.
4. You may only make a maximum of one entry per individual into the Competition. An individual consists of one person. Team totals will not be counted. There is no other method of entry other than as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
5. After the closing date, all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries, received before the closing date will be reviewed and verified by Prostate Cancer UK.
6. The prize will be awarded to one winning individual who has raised the most sponsorship money for Prostate Cancer UK (excluding Gift Aid) received in cleared funds by the closing date. Prostate Cancer UK’s decision is final.
7. The prize is a voucher for two rounds of golf and an overnight stay at The Belfry Hotel & Resort for four people. This prize can only be redeemed once and this must be completed by contacting The Belfry Hotel & Resort email@example.com and cannot be exchanged and has no monetary value. The dates are unrestricted but must be used before voucher expiry and subject to availability and that the applicable booking process and terms and conditions have been applied. The voucher cannot be extended past the expiry date. Prostate Cancer UK are not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers.
Prostate Cancer UK accepts no liability for any changes in the details, including dates and times, of any flights, transport, accommodation, or other aspects of the prize.
8. Prize winners are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Prize does not include travel from/to winners’ home and airport, travel insurance, drinks, or incidental costs. Prize winners must bring their own set of golf clubs. Prize winners are personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. The Promoter will not be held liable where such charges and/or expenses are incurred, and no refund or reimbursement will be made.
9. The prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash equivalent, and no alternative prize (in whole or in part) will be given at the request of a winner. By participating in the Competition, you agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither Prostate Cancer UK nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
10. Prize winners will be notified no later GMT 23:59 31st January 2022 via telephone and/or email address provided.
11. Prize winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving the prize. If a prize winner or any team member refuses the prize, or cannot be contacted within a reasonable time, Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible individual from the valid entries received before the closing date.
12. In the event that, for reasons beyond Prostate Cancer UK’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, Prostate Cancer UK is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value at its own discretion.
13. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by Prostate Cancer UK of any third parties concerned in any way with the prize or Competition. Any complaints or queries relating to the prize should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. By entering the Competition, you understand that Prostate Cancer UK would like you to participate in publicity at the Promoter’s request if you are a winner and to have your name and image featured in publicity materials in any media worldwide.
15. If you win, your name will be published as the winner on the Prostate Cancer UK website located at https://prostatecanceruk.org/ and the Promoter may publish or announce your name elsewhere as Prostate Cancer UK determines in its sole discretion. If you do not want your details to be used for these purposes, please contact email@example.com to opt out.
17. Prostate Cancer UK reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions, or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Prostate Cancer UK that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Competition. Neither Prostate Cancer UK nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of The Belfry Hotel & Resort (or any other company donating the prize or part of the prize to Prostate Cancer UK or supplier selected by Prostate Cancer UK to provide the prize) or otherwise that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
18. Save where it has been negligent, and subject to the terms of clause 19, Prostate Cancer UK will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from your entry into the Competition or your acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit your ability to participate in the Competition. Prostate Cancer UK will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by Prostate Cancer UK of any entries.
19. Any illegible, incomplete, or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Prostate Cancer UK’s determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Prostate Cancer UK and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at Prostate Cancer UK’s sole discretion.
20. You must comply with the terms and conditions, including health and safety requirements of the venue(s) involved in the Competition or the prize including all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
21. By participating in the Competition, you agree to release and hold Prostate Cancer UK, its subsidiary and affiliated companies, together with their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with participating in the Competition or resulting from your acceptance or use of the prize, provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Prostate Cancer UK’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
22. All Prostate Cancer UK’s decisions in relation to the Competition are final in all matters and Prostate Cancer UK will not enter into any correspondence with entrants other than the Competition winners.
23. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
24. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.
25. The promoter of this Competition is Prostate Cancer UK (“Prostate Cancer UK”), registered charity in England and Wales (1005541), and Scotland (SC039332); a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (02653887). Registered office: 53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 7QN (‘Prostate Cancer UK, we, us, our, Promoter’).