How you can get involved
Looking at the statistics, prostate cancer exists in every walking football team in the UK - 1 in 8 men get prostate cancer, and 83% of men don't know their risk. We're thrilled to be teaming up with the Walking Football Association and Walking Football Scotland to use the beautiful (walking) game to help beat prostate cancer.
We’re calling on clubs to host a festival, tournament or any other event to raise vital awareness and funds to help us stop a disease killing one man every 45 minutes.
5 tips for organising a tournament or festival
- Pay to play – open the event up to everyone for a donation of your choosing
- Fines for running – stick to the rules or get fined for a good cause
- Collection at half time – use our fundraising materials to bump up your total
- Crossbar challenge – a simple, easy to run fundraiser that everyone can play
- Post-match celebration – arrange an event nearby & hold a raffle for attendees.
How we'll support you
Whether you have 5 members or 50, we can help you and your team raise vital funds and awareness. We can provide:
- A pack full of things to help you raise funds and awareness
- Support and guidance from our dedicated team
- Online resources to help you make the most of your efforts
- Awareness talks from trained volunteers for groups of 5-100 people
- A selection of publications designed to give you a wide variety of information about prostate cancer
- And for anything else, get in touch and we can help you out!
Find a club near you
Not currently playing? No problem - there's a growing network of walking football clubs across the UK for aspiring and current players to join.
To find your nearest club please visit one of the links above and we'll hope to see you on the pitch soon.