Great North Run 2023
The Great North Run is firmly established as the world's greatest half marathon. Be part of it.
The Great North Run is firmly established as the world's greatest half marathon. It’ll be even greater with you in it. Starting in Newcastle, the course takes in the iconic Tyne Bridge, goes through Gateshead passing the famous international athletics stadium and finishes in the coastal town of South Shields. Live music, on-course refreshments and your rowdy support crew will keep you motivated every step of the way.
Join us in 2023
Our places are all filled at the moment, but you can join our waitlist to hear as soon as one becomes available.
When does the Great North Run take place?
10 September 2023
What time does the Great North Run start?
10.40am in Newcastle upon Tyne
Where can I find the route?
We'll support you all the way
What you can expect:
- A fundraising pack full of top tips and advice on how to get your friends together and beat your fundraising target, as well as a training plan to help you reach the finish line with a smile on your face (rather than a grimace).
- A technical fibre running top as well as iron-on letters, so supporters can shout your name to give you a boost!
- If you go the extra mile and raise £600, we’ll send you one of our reusable branded stainless steel water bottles as a thank you for your vital fundraising.
- A lively cheer point along the route
- Post-race charity village reception for you and your supporters with massage therapists and refreshments
- All the support you need from our sporting events team
Run your questions by us
If you have any questions please contact us online or call us on 020 3310 7034. We’ll be happy to help.
- 10 Sep 2023
- 13.1 miles
newcastle upon tyne
Pay a £20 registration fee and pledge to raise £350.
Our charity places have sold out, please join our waitlist to hear if one becomes available.
I have my own place
Register here if you've secured your own place already