By entering into this agreement, I understand the following:
- The entry form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested. Registration is an acceptance for the actions and consequences of the underage walker. Participants under 18 must be accompanied [at all times] by an adult during the walk.
- I need to be physically fit enough to complete the distance of the route I will be undertaking. I will not take part if I feel unwell. We strongly recommend you seek advice from your GP before embarking on a new exercise programme.
- I understand that by completing this form and paying the £10 non-refundable (except as set out in paragraph 5) registration fee I will pledge to try to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship (excluding Gift Aid). I agree to submit all sponsorship funds within six weeks of the event. I agree to inform Prostate Cancer UK immediately if I am unable to take part for any reason, or if I think I may be unable to fulfil my sponsorship pledge.
4. To the extent permitted by law, and subject to paragraph 6, neither Prostate Cancer UK nor its sponsors or suppliers will be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury in consequence of my participation in the walk.
5. In the event that the walk has to be cancelled by the organisers due to circumstances outside their control, entry fees will be refunded. Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an event will be limited to the refund amount as set out in paragraph 3 of these terms and conditions.
6. Prostate Cancer UK will not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of its negligence or breach of statutory duty.
7. I understand that it is my responsibility to inform Prostate Cancer UK of any special access requirements I may have.
8. I agree to my personal and medical details being released by the medical team to the event organisers to inform my next of kin and statutory authorities in the event of a medical emergency.
9. Participants are asked to stick to the signposted route. If they choose a different route, they do so entirely at their own risk.
10. Participants who do not act responsibly and do not adhere to the instruction of Prostate Cancer UK or its marshals both on the day and in advance will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident caused by the participant’s behaviour.
11. I consent to photographs, video, quotes and any other record of my participation in the event being used for marketing and publicity purposes, both online and in print.
12. I understand that Prostate Cancer UK will retain and use the data I have provided within the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 to inform me about details relating to the event. By giving my details I give consent for Prostate Cancer UK to process this data in this way.
13. I understand that Prostate Cancer UK will retain and use the data I have provided within the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 to inform me of its fundraising and other activities. My details will not be passed to third parties.
- Personal information which you supply to us (including sensitive and medical personal information) will be used by us for the purposes of providing you information regarding the event and other Prostate Cancer UK fundraising activities. We will not otherwise disclose any information about you to anyone else except with your express consent.