How to recruit
When it comes to collecting it really is the more the merrier! Encourage your friends and family to join Men United and come along to join you on the day, the more people who help at each collection the more money we’re able to raise to help men with prostate cancer.
- Get chatting: word of mouth is always the most effective way to recruit volunteers, ask your family, friends and colleagues to help spread the word about what you’re doing.
- Events: are there any upcoming local events you can go along to with some promotional information? Especially if they’re football related.
- Your contacts: are you a member of a social club, society, work community or other voluntary organisation that would help you promote and recruit for your collection?
- Social media: can you tweet, Facebook post, or blog on relevant local forums?
- Talk to fans: if you know any fans of the club ask them to help spread the word (all volunteers will get a free ticket to the game).
- Posters: distribute our posters around the town – utilise noticeboards in sports centres and gyms, sixth form colleges, job centres, local shops such as a supermarket (although some may make a small charge).
Please note - Registrations for collections will close the Wednesday before the collection. Please ensure you and your contacts register before this point to guarantee everyone’s place. Please register at prostatecanceruk.org/matchday.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact your volunteer support officer directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org.