Our Specialist Nurse services
Our Specialist Nurse service, offers free and confidential support and information to people who are affected by or concerned by prostate cancer or disease. These services are run entirely by specialist nurses who are clinical experts in this field.
I was really emotionally upset, and the nurse was so helpful and so reassuring. All of it has been useful but that one-to-one contact and being able to ask questions and talk about an individual case was incredibly useful.
- In 2015-16 we received 11,648 contacts with our Specialist Nurses via the telephone, Live Chat and email services.
- The main reasons for contacting our Specialist Nurse services in 2015-16 were treatment options, diagnostic investigations and side effects of treatment.
- After using our service, the number of people reporting best health rose from 26% to 59% and people reporting feelings of worst health reducing from 4% to 1%.
- 73% of service users said that as a result of the call, they knew more about their treatment options (if applicable).
- 95% said the nurse clearly understood their needs and 92% said the nurse gave an explanation they understood.