We had Mo-mentous support from MPs and MSPs for Movember 2011. At least 14 MPs and 8 MSPs took part by growing a Mo - and many more showed their support.
- The Prime Minister congratulated all the MPs taking part in Movember during Prime Minister's Questions.
- Over 50 MPs pledged their support for Movember by signing Early Day Motions (EDMs). EDMs are formal motions in the House of Commons which allow MPs to draw attention to causes they support.
- We met over 20 MPs in Parliament who wanted to show their support by having their photo taken with our giant Mo.
- It was clear that Movember fever had spread throughout Westminster. Many parliamentary researchers and even the catering team in the House of Commons dropped by to show off their Mos.
- Labour Leader Iain Gray congratulated all of the MSP Mo Bros at the beginning of First Minister's Questions on 1st December. Several MSP Mo Bros could be seen in the chamber.
- Seven MSP Mo Bros, the Deputy First Minister and Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon MSP, Conservative Leader Ruth Davidson MSP and Lib Dem Leader Willie Rennie MSP showed their support by having their photo taken with our giant Mo.
- The Deputy First Minister and Health Secretary, Nicola Sturgeon MSP, issued a statement of support.
- We were delighted to see that Parliamentary researchers, security and catering staff also sporting Mos during our visit to Holyrood.
We are incredibly pleased that so many MPs, MSPs and Parliamentary staff supported Movember this year. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men but it hasn't received the attention or investment it needs. This Mo-mentous support shows how Movember is helping us to put this disease firmly in the spotlight.