1. Collins R, Trowman R, Norman G, Light K, Birtle A, Fenwick E, et al. A systematic review of the effectiveness of docetaxel and mitoxantrone for the treatment of metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer. Br J Cancer. 2006 Aug 1;95(4):457–62.
2. Bahl A, Oudard S, Tombal B, Ozguroglu M, Hansen S, Kocak I, et al. Impact of cabazitaxel on 2-year survival and palliation of tumour-related pain in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer treated in the TROPIC trial. Ann Oncol. 2013 May 30;24(9):2402–8.
3. Heidenreich A, Aus G, Abbou CC, Bolla M, Joniau S, Matveev V, et al. Guidelines on Prostate Cancer. European Association of Urology. 2013 [cited 2013 Dec 18]; Available from: http://www.infosan.org/pdf/242/eau1633.pdf
4. Colloca G, Venturino A, Checcaglini F. Patient-reported outcomes after cytotoxic chemotherapy in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: A systematic review. Cancer Treat Rev. 2010 Oct;36(6):501–6.
5. Ryan CJ, Smith MR, de Bono JS, Molina A, Logothetis CJ, de Souza P, et al. Abiraterone in Metastatic Prostate Cancer without Previous Chemotherapy. N Engl J Med. 2013 Jan 10;368(2):138–48.
6. National Cancer Drugs Fund List (Updated 26 June 2013). NHS England [Internet]. 2013. Available from: http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ncdf-list1.pdf
7. National Collaborating Centre for Cancer (Great Britain). Prostate cancer: diagnosis and treatment : full guideline, February 2008. Cardiff: National Collaborating Centre for Cancer; 2008.
8. De Bono JS, Oudard S, Ozguroglu M, Hansen S, Machiels J-P, Kocak I, et al. Prednisone plus cabazitaxel or mitoxantrone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel treatment: a randomised open-label trial. Lancet. 2010 Oct 2;376(9747):1147–54.
9. Serpa Neto A, Tobias-Machado M, Kaliks R, Wroclawski ML, Pompeo ACL, Del Giglio A. Ten Years of Docetaxel-Based Therapies in Prostate Adenocarcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of 2244 Patients in 12 Randomized Clinical Trials. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2011 Dec;9(2):115–23.
10. Singer EA, Srinivasan R. Intravenous therapies for castration-resistant prostate cancer: Toxicities and adverse events. Urol Oncol Semin Orig Investig. 2012 Jul;30(4):S15–S19.
11. Tipton JM, McDaniel RW, Barbour L, Johnston MP, Kayne M, LeRoy P, et al. Putting Evidence Into Practice: Evidence-Based Interventions to Prevent, Manage, and Treat Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting. Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2007 Feb 1;11(1):69–78.
12. Doyle-Lindrud S. Managing Side Effects of the Novel Taxane Cabazitaxel in Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2012 Jun 1;16(3):286–91.
13. NICE. Abiraterone for castration- resistant metastatic prostate cancer previously treated with a docetaxel-containing regimen TA259. 2012.
14. Husson O, Mols F, Poll-Franse LV van de. The relation between information provision and health-related quality of life, anxiety and depression among cancer survivors: a systematic review. Ann Oncol. 2010 Sep 24;mdq413.