Locally advanced prostate cancer is cancer that has started to
break out of the prostate, or has spread to the area just outside
Some treatments for locally advanced prostate cancer aim to get
rid of the cancer, while others aim to keep it under control.
You may have a choice of treatments, depending on how far your
cancer has spread. If you have questions about your treatment
options, you can call
our Specialist Nurses or chat to a nurse online.
See a list of treatments for locally
advanced prostate cancer.
Choosing a treatment
If you have a choice of treatments, the treatment you choose may
depend on several things. You might want to think about the
- how far the cancer has spread (its stage) and how quickly it
may be growing
- your age and general health – for example, if you have any
other health problems
- what each treatment involves
- the possible side effects of each treatment
- practical things such as how often you would need to go to
- your own thoughts about different treatments.
for locally advanced prostate cancer