Just ask yourself these three questions...
Have you ever organised a charity event such as a dinner
party or an office cake sale?
Have you ever taken on an amazing challenge, like a run,
cycle, climb, walk or even skydive?
Or have you done an amazing fundraising challenge for
Prostate Cancer UK and want to tell the world about it and how
important the cause is?
If you said yes to any of these then you might find that you're
indeed Local Hero inside of you so tell us your story and get
As one of our heroes you will be an integral member of our team
helping more men survive prostate cancer and enjoy a better quality
Why We Need You
In the UK
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men.
- Over 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every
- Over 250,000 men are currently living with the disease.
We need you to help us raise money and put the issue of prostate
cancer on the map in your local area, ensuring that more people are
aware of the disease.
As a Local Hero, your connection with your local community will
build the foundation to reach out to men about prostate cancer all
across the UK.
You can fundraise any way you like and we can support you
through your efforts by;
- Helping you build and develop your ideas. Such as organising
your own charity ball. We can help you along the way, offering
advice on all of the important areas so you can host the perfect
- Offer you plenty of fundraising materials ranging from pin
badges, wristbands, posters, collection tins and t-shirts.
- Sharing your ideas with other Local Heroes
- Encourage others in your area to get involved
- Why not take part in our national fundraising
- Organise your own event, such as a collection on your local
high street or a 10,000 Challenge, or join a mass event
like the Jurassic Classic.
Our Local Heroes are at the front line of our team engaging with
the local communities. Find out what Local Heroes are in your area
and what fantastic things they are currently doing
Sign up to be a Local Hero